Warranty Plan Terms and Conditions
The following terms have the same meaning throughout this document:
‘Warranty Plan’ means this booklet together with our Plan Schedule which together contain the full terms and conditions of Your Warranty Plan.
- ‘Plan Schedule’ means the document issued by us after receiving your payment based upon the Application you have made to us and which confirms our acceptance of your Warranty Plan.
- ‘Application’ means any information you may have supplied to us in support of your requests.
- ‘Breakdown’ means the sudden and unexpected failure (given the car’s age and mileage) of a component arising from any permanent mechanical or electronic fault, which causes the component to stop working, and means that it needs repairing or replacing.
- ‘Component’ means any mechanical, electrical or electronic part which formed part of the vehicle when it was new and is listed in the schedule of covered components.
- ‘Gradual Deterioration’ and ‘Wear and Tear’ means failure of a component due to use over the passage of time. No unexpected or expected Gradual Deterioration and Wear and Tear is covered under this Plan.
- ‘Customer Schedule’ means the schedule attached to, and forming part of this Warranty, and detailing the cover that you have.
- ‘Repair Contribution’ means the amount that you must pay towards each repair as confirmed in your customer schedule.
- ‘Age & Mileage Contribution’ means the contribution the warranty will make towards the repair of listed components.
- ‘Servicing Handbook’ means the handbook which the manufacturer issued with the vehicle when it was new. The servicing handbook lists the servicing and maintenance the manufacturer recommends for the vehicle.
- ‘Vehicle’ means the vehicle mentioned in the customer schedule.
- ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘Yourself’ means the purchaser named within the customer schedule.
- ‘We’, ‘Us’, or ‘Our’ means Auto AXS.
- ‘Repair Network’ means Auto AXS appointed repairers.
- We have absolute and final discretion on all aspects of this plan including whether or not to pay any repair costs, or other fees and costs, whether to move the vehicle to another repairer for repairs, which parts suppliers we may use for any authorised repairs and whether or not to provide assistance. Any benefit you may have under this plan and any obligation which may be for us to perform, is subject to our overriding right to decide whether or not to exercise our discretion in your favour.
What is included
- This document explains how your warranty works. Please make sure you fully understand the terms and conditions relating to the warranty and always keep this document in your vehicle, along with your customer schedule.
- Your warranty will be provided by Auto AXS. An important part of your Warranty Plan is that it operates contractually and legally on a discretionary basis. Auto AXS uses this discretion to ensure that you, and all Auto AXS warranty holders, receive a fair and equitable resolution to each and every request made against our Warranty Plans.
Repair Following Breakdown
- This warranty is intended to pay for the cost of repairing the vehicle detailed on the customer schedule up to the limit detailed in the customer schedule following the Breakdown of any covered component. We will not pay for the repair or replacement of components, which have not suffered a Breakdown, for example, components fitted as a result of your vehicle being serviced or which were faulty prior to the commencement of this warranty.
- Your customer schedule details the scope of your warranty and is partly based on the information you provided when requesting a Warranty Plan.
- Please see the section ‘what is not included’ for full details of what we will not plan.
The warranty includes the following benefits.
We will pay for the cost of recovering the vehicle to the nearest Garage following Breakdown of any covered component up to £75 (including VAT).
This warranty covers repairs undertaken in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. If you use your vehicle overseas for less than 60 days per year this protection is extended to cover repairs carried out overseas. You will have to pay the repairer direct and request reimbursement from Auto AXS EU VAT will not be refunded.
What is not included
We will not pay for repairing or replacing any parts that we specifically state are not covered or any parts that are not listed. Also, we will not pay for costs caused by, arising from, or connected with, the following:
- The repair contribution applicable to the warranty as stated in your customer schedule.
- Within the first 30 days of your warranty starting, we will not cover. Breakdown of any part / component which has deteriorated due to the passage of time alone and is not a sudden failure will not be covered.
- Breakdown or damage caused by the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel, oil, lubricant, coolant or other fluid.
- Vehicles that are or have been used for competitive purposes including but not limited to; rallying, racing, time trials, pace making. Vehicles that have been used for hire or reward, as a taxi, by a driving school, for commercial delivery purposes such as dispatch or delivery courier, vehicles that are used off-road.
- Any loss arising from your failure to have the vehicle serviced in accordance with the conditions of this warranty, or lack of routine maintenance as detailed in your Servicing Handbook, or through failure to use the manufacturer’s recommended type, grade and quality of engine oil or where the cambelt has not been changed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Any loss where the odometer has been tampered with or altered or disconnected.
- Repair or replacement of components which have not suffered a Breakdown or the replacement of any components to enable your Vehicle to pass the Government Vehicle Testing Requirements (MOT).
- The cost of any exploratory, investigation or dismantling work not associated with a covered repair.
- Any repair, replacement, loss, damage or liability which should be paid or otherwise settled by another company, finance agreement, warranty, guarantee, goodwill settlement or repair; any fault causing a manufacturer recall; any manufacturer modifications; any fault that can be rejected to the seller under the Consumer Rights Act or any fault which had previously caused a fault or failure code to be logged in any computerised system’s history where the system was reset without any repairs being made.
- Oil leaks that are not specifically mentioned as covered or oil leaks where there is only evidence of oil marking and staining and no oil is dripping from a joint or seal or when repairs to rectify the oil leak do not necessitate the removal of the engine, transmission or final drive unit.
- Damage to covered components caused by frost or the freezing of liquids, worn friction materials (including a worn clutch friction plate damaging a flywheel), or corrosion.
- Breakdown (including repeat repairs) or damage caused by poor workmanship or faulty parts.
- The repair or replacement of components which were faulty or had suffered a Breakdown prior to the start of the warranty.
- Service and maintenance related parts including (but not limited to) anti-freeze, brake drums, brake discs, brake fluid & brake friction materials (brake pads & brake shoes), clutch covers, clutch friction plates, clutch release bearings, exhaust pipes & exhaust pipe gaskets, filters, grease, oils, sparking plugs, refrigerants, and tyres.
- Burnt or worn-out clutch components burnt or carbonised valves.
- Any faults, damage or connected loss arising from errors, viruses, omissions or defects in any application or systems software.
- Vehicles which are owned temporarily or otherwise (resulting from trade-in or acquisition for the purpose of resale) by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles.
- Any liability for death, bodily injury or damage to other property or to other components of the vehicle, or any connected loss of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from mechanical Breakdown.
- The cost of the contribution applicable for any repairs made under the warranty as specified in the customer schedule.
- Components damaged by impact or accident.
- Damage to any covered part caused by breakdown of a non-covered part. We will not cover Breakdown due to a failure that was developing at or developed prior to the time of the Warranty inception
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- Servicing - In order to maintain the validity of your warranty you must have the Vehicle serviced by a VAT registered repairer and look after the Vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s Servicing Handbook and ensure that the manufacturer’s recommended type, grade and quality of engine oil is used. To prove this, you should make sure the garage fills in and stamps your Servicing Handbook. You should also keep all service invoices (which you must ensure detail the exact oil specification used) as you must verify that correct servicing has been completed when repairs are made under the warranty. You should also ensure that the cambelt is changed in line with manufacturer’s recommendations (documented proof of this will be required in the event of a claim for cambelt failure). A maximum allowance of 30 days or 1,000 miles (whichever occurs first) in excess of the manufacturer’s stipulated time or mileage for scheduled servicing is permitted.
- Procedure for refunds and recovery of repair costs - This procedure is detailed on page 16. You must follow this procedure, and request repairs within 30 days of noticing any issue, as failure to do so may result in non-reimbursement of your repair.
- Repair Authorisation - No repairs are to be commenced until we have given authorisation and issued an authorisation number.
- Investigation Costs - It is your responsibility to give the repairer permission to commence exploratory, investigation or dismantling work to establish the primary component failure and cause of the primary component failure and to pay the costs if such work proves that the fault is not our responsibility. Any exploratory, investigation or dismantling costs will only be reimbursed if they are part of a valid repair. You will be asked for a reasonable deposit against workshop costs for stripping and reassembling components under investigation or to agree to remove the car from the workshop by a certain deadline if the claim is declined following investigation or dismantling.
- Use of Engineers - we reserve the right to instruct an independent engineer to inspect your vehicle before authorising any repair. When this right is exercised, we shall have no liability for any loss to you arising from any possible delay. Should you decide to give permission to the repairer to commence repairs, without authorisation being obtained from us, you do so in the full knowledge that we may not meet the cost of your valid repairs because you have denied us our right to inspect the vehicle prior to its repair.
- Contribution - It is not the intention, implied or otherwise, of the warranty to make new vehicles from old. Where replacement components are fitted to replace old worn components, which have suffered a breakdown, this results in your vehicle being in a better condition than it was before the breakdown, so you are required to pay a contribution towards the cost of the repairs. For vehicles older than 6 years or with more than 60,000 recorded miles this warranty will provide cover based upon the limits detailed in the customer schedule and in accordance with the following table based upon vehicle age and mileage at time of failure.
|Age or Mileage||Your Repair Contribution (Parts & Labour)|
|Up to 6 Years or 60,000 miles||0%|
|Over 6 Years or 60,000 miles||20%|
|Over 7 Years or 70,000 miles||30%|
|Over 8 Years or 80,000 miles||40%|
|Over 9 Years or 90,000 miles||50%|
- The mileage limits as stated above are the total miles from the date of the vehicle’s first registration for use on the road.
- Where a vehicle has high mileage for its age, the mileage will be used to determine the contribution scale that is applied to your claim. Where the vehicle has low mileage for its age, the age will be used to determine the contribution scale that is applied to your claim.
- The repair contribution is applied to the net cost of repair excluding VAT.
- Option to purchase 100% Parts & Labour Cover available at start of cover (only available to vehicles with less than 110,000 miles), contact Auto AXS for more information.
- Claim Decision - If we offer to cover a claim and the repair is not completed within 30 days the offer is automatically withdrawn and will not be paid.
- Return of Warranty Cost - No return of your warranty charge can be made if a repair has been accepted under the warranty or if you sell the vehicle.
- Transfer of warranty - You may transfer the warranty to the new owner provided that you have paid the Transfer fee as stated in your warranty summary.
- Fraud - If any repair request is found to be fraudulent or if any fraudulent means or devices have been used by you or anyone acting on your behalf, we will not repair your vehicle or return any costs.
- Cancellation -we may cancel the warranty by sending 14-days notice in writing direct to you by Recorded Delivery to your last known address. A proportionate return of your warranty charge will be given.
- If, having purchased a warranty through an Auto AXS registered Dealer, you decide to cancel it; simply notify us or the selling dealer within 14 days of inception date. Warranties are not able to be refunded if a claim has been already submitted.
- Renewal of cover - When your Warranty expires you may be able to obtain an extension to this Cover. You will need to contact us before your warranty expires. Please call Auto AXS on 0203 995 5691 or write to them at the address on page 2 of this warranty document.
- Using your information for marketing purposes – Auto AXS may use your information in order to select and tell you about products and services available from them or from other companies in their Group that may be of interest to you. We may share your information with Auto AXS for analysis, marketing purposes or so that they may contact you about their own products or services. Auto AXS may also use your information to tell you about products and services that they can introduce from selected businesses.
- You have the right at any time to ask us not to contact you or give your details to others for these purposes. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish us to stop.
- You also have the right at any time to ask us not to telephone you for sales purposes. Again, you may email us at email@example.com you wish us to stop.
- Health checks - Health check inspections are a visual inspection of the vehicle, not a comprehensive investigation and do not guarantee to find all faults with the car. No terms are affected in anyway by the health check.
- Economic repair - We reserve the right on repairs we are paying for to move your vehicle at our cost to a repairer of our choice if we can affect a repair more economically. We reserve the right to repair rather than replace components at our discretion. Where we have exercised our right to complete an economic repair, we will warranty this work for 12 months.
Data Protection Act 2018
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, we are the Data Controller in relation to any personal information you supply.
- Telephone calls - Some telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. This is for the purposes of maintaining and improving service standards, training staff and assisting in customer queries and appeals.
- English Law - This plan is governed by English law. Contractually and legally this plan operates on a discretionary basis. It is not a contract of insurance and so falls outside the jurisdiction of the Financial Conduct Authority. The body governing this type of agreement is the Trading Standards Institute. Any legal proceedings will be held in the courts of England and Wales.
3-Step Claims Summary
1. Stop driving the car as soon as you are aware of an issue.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For repair costs to be considered you must request a repair within 30 days of noticing the related issue.
Step 1Call Auto AXS repairers on 0203 995 9651
Step 2Auto AXS Repairer Network will book you into an approved workshop within 5-10 miles of your location.
Step 3Auto AXS Repairer Network will compile and send claim paperwork to Auto AXS.
Claims Procedure in Detail
Prevent further damage
- You should use all reasonable means and precautions to protect your vehicle from further damage. We will not pay for repairs caused by your failure to look after your vehicle.
- If you experience a fault with your vehicle, please contact Auto AXS on 0203 995 9651.
- Our Network Repairer will carry out the covered repair work unless we have a repair facility in which case, we can do the work.
- Our repair network will send you to a workshop within 5-10 miles of your location on the UK mainland. They will compile a detailed diagnosis report and estimate for you. They will also obtain your MOT history.
- You will only need to send them your proof of last service. If your repair is found during diagnosis to be covered by the warranty, any diagnosis costs will be refunded to you immediately.
- Our repair network will claim the cost of covered repairs directly from Auto AXS, so you do not have to pay for the covered repairs. If the work is not covered, you will still benefit from our approved network’s garage discounts and savings.
- Our Network Repairer will send the completed diagnosis, paid invoice and all supporting documents to Auto AXS. You may be asked to send supporting documents for Auto AXS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any cars repaired outside the Auto AXS approved repairer network will not be considered, unless you have exceptional circumstances.
- If you have exceptional circumstances (such as an out of hours or overseas breakdown) you can use any VAT registered garage. In which case you must provide a Diagnostic Report with estimate
- costs (before any work commences), your current MOT certificate (Copy) and Proof of Last Service (According Manufacturer’s Schedule). You will need to pay for the approved repair and diagnostic cost, then claim back from Auto AXS. VAT will only be refunded if a valid VAT invoice, made out to Auto AXS, is provided.
- The Auto AXS Administration Department must receive requests for reimbursement within 30 days of the date of completion of the repairs. Requests for repair or reimbursement received beyond this date will have the reason for delay reviewed and it will be at our discretion to accept such requests.
Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures
Objective of the Policy
- Auto AXS Ltd seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation for providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
- Auto AXS Ltd is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible.
- This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which Auto AXS Ltd receives and manages your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
- The objective of this policy is to ensure:
4.1.1. You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes,
4.1.2. Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process,
4.1.3. Your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence,
4.1.5. Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
Definition of a Complaint
1. In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to vehicle sourcing services provided by us.
How a Complaint can be Made
- We hope that you will be pleased with the products and service we provide, however in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the vehicle sourcing service provided by us, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with the company representative you have been dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the relevant representative is unable to address your concerns, you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By completing a feedback form on our website www.autoaxs.co.uk
- By telephoning us on 020 3995 5691
- By writing to us Auto AXS Ltd, 71 – 75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
- By emailing us email@example.com
- If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing.
- Any complaint, or appeal, relating to any of our vehicle sourcing service must be submitted within thirty (30) days in order to be considered for review.
- We will usually acknowledge your complaint on the same day, but in any case, within three (3) working days.
- We may require more information, and we will contact you to request this if it is necessary.
- We will give you a clear explanation for our action. If we need to pay any undisputed amount due under our Warranty Plan, we will do this quickly and this will not affect your complaint.
- If we need to take action to settle the problem, we will inform you and update you with any developments.
- Within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, we will send you:
12.1. a final response; or
12.2. a response which will explain why we cannot yet settle your complaint and advise you when our experts are able to provide you with a final response.
13. Auto AXS is committed to resolving your issues at the first point of contact, however, this will not be possible in all circumstances, in which case a more formal complaints process will be followed.
14. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three business days. Once your complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of your complaint.
15. There may be circumstances during the initial review or investigation of your complaint where we may need to clarify certain aspects of your complaint or request additional documentation from you. In such circumstances we will explain
16. the purpose of seeking clarification or additional documentation and provide you with feedback on the status of your complaint at that time.
17. We are committed to resolving your complaint within ten (10) business days of you lodging your complaint, however, this may not always be possible on every occasion. Where we have been unable to resolve your complaint within 10 business days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and specify a date when we will be in a position to finalise your complaint.
18. During the initial review or investigation stage we may need to seek further clarification or documentation from you to assist us in resolving your complaint. If we have sought clarification or additional documentation from you and we are waiting on you to provide this information, we may not be able to meet our ten (10) business day finalisation commitment. In such circumstances upon receipt of your clarification or additional documentation we will indicate to you when we expect to be able to finalise your complaint.
19. Once we have finalised your complaint, we will advise you of our findings and any action we have taken. We will do this in writing, unless it has been mutually agreed that we can provide it to you verbally.
20. You have the right to make enquiries about the current status of your complaint at any time by contacting us.
Information you will need to tell us
- When we are investigating your complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
- To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following information:
2.1. Your name and contact details,
2.2. The name of the person you have been dealing with about sourcing your new vehicle,
2.3. The nature of the complaint,
2.4. Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the compliant,
2.5. Details of conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint,
2.6. Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
- When taking a complaint, we will record your name and contact details. We will also record all details of your complaint including the facts and the cause/s of your complaint, the outcome and any actions taken following the investigation of your complaint. We will also record all dates and times relating to actions taken to resolve the complaint and communications between us.
- As part of our on-going improvement plan, complaints will be monitored for any identifying trends by management and rectification/remedial action taken to mitigate any identified issues.
- If you lodge a complaint, we will record your personal information solely for the purposes of addressing your complaint. Your personal details will actively be protected from disclosure, unless you expressly consent to its disclosure.
Our Six Point Complaint Process
- We acknowledge: Within three business days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We review: We undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what if any additional information or documentation may be required to complete an investigation. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
- We investigate: Within 10 business days of receiving your compliant we will investigate your complaint objectively and impartially, by considering the information you have provided us, our actions in relation to your dealings with us and any other information which may be available, that could assist us in investigating your complaint.
- We respond: Following our investigation we will notify you of our findings and any actions we may have taken in regard to your complaint.
- We take action: Where appropriate we amend our business practices or policies.
- We record: We will record your complaint for continuous improvement process and monitoring through regular review, your personal information will be recorded in accordance with relevant privacy legislation.
Complaints Against One of Our Employees
- If you complain about one of our staff members, we will treat your complaint confidentially, impartially and equally (giving equal treatment to all people).
- We will investigate your complaint thoroughly by finding out the relevant facts, speaking with the relevant people and verifying explanations where possible.
- We will also treat our staff member(s) objectively by:
3.1. informing them of any complaint about their performance,
3.2. Providing them with an opportunity to explain the circumstance,
3.3. Providing them with appropriate support,
3.4. Updating them on the complaint investigation and the result.
Complaints Under Investigation by a Regulator or Law Enforcement Agency
1. If your complaint is currently being investigated by a relevant local or national consumer protection regulator or law enforcement agency we may cease to take further action in relation to your complaint pending finalisation of their investigation.
2. We will assist any agency with their investigations.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights. For further information about your statutory rights contact www.gov.uk/consumer-protection- rights or www.citizensadvice.org.uk.